Operation Clean Competition is the Rhode Island Interscholastic League outreach & awareness program focused on informing Rhode Islanders of Nutrition and Dietary Supplement Safety, Appearance & Performance Enhancing Substances, hGh usage and energy drink consumption. We accomplish this through FREE educational programs. It is our goal to have all Rhode Islanders LIVEINFORMED!
Appearance & Performance Enhancing Substances
- Only 19% of adults recognize that youth-related HGH and anabolic steroid use is an issue
- Almost 1.5 million kids admit to using anabolic steroids
Nutrition & Dietary Supplement Safety
- 12.3 million youth use dietary supplements
Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
- 11% of high school students admit use (Partnership for Drug-Free Kids 7/2014)
- 12% of boys and 9% of girls admit use
- 15% of African Americans teens, 13% of Latin American teens and 9% of Caucasian teens admit use, which equates to 2 million high school students!
- 7% of high school students admit to using anabolic steroids (Partnership for Drug-Free Kids 7/2014)
- 21% of gay and bi-sexual boys admit anabolic steroid use (Pediatrics Magazine – Harvard Study, 2/2014)
- 18-25% are spiked with anabolic steroids or other banned substances
- 35% of middle school and high school students take a protein supplement (University of Minnesota Study, 2012)- that’s 9.4 million students!
The Rhode Island Interscholastic League is a voluntary organization of principals who pledge their high schools and participants to follow the Rules and Regulations of the League. There are sixty (60) public, private, and parochial high schools who make up the membership. These schools sponsor athletic activities in thirty (30) sports. Over thirty-thousand (30,000) young men and women compete annually in thousands of competitions among Rhode Island Interscholastic League member schools.
The Rhode Island Foundation is the largest and most comprehensive funder of nonprofit organizations in Rhode Island. Through leadership, fundraising and grantmaking activities, often in partnership with individuals and organizations, the Foundation is helping Rhode Island reach its true potential.
The RIIL is pleased to have contracted the Taylor Hooton Foundation to deliver the educational programs offered FREE of charge. Considered an expert in the industry, THF is a non-profit organization leading a national campaign to educate youth and their adult influencers about the dangers of Appearance and Performance Enhancing Substances including; anabolic steroids, HGH, and dietary supplements.
Want to Learn More?
If you have a question or would like more information on scheduling a program please contact us below.